Windows 10 - Explorer is no longer showing files on my phone when it is connected to my PC

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows explorer on my Windows10 PC used to show the usual files on my phone when I connected my Lumia 1020 to it; Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Ringtones, Videos.

I can't quite work out when it stopped doing this but now it seems to show all the background system files; AppInstall, CommonFiles, Critical Data, Data, DPP, EFIESP, MMOS, PreservedData, ProgramData, PROGRAMS, System Volume Information, test, USERS, Windows, WPSystem.

Please can someone tell me how to change it back?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
A reason I could think of is that somehow the folder attributes got changed and the usual folders like 'Documents' etc. got hidden and the hidden system folders got visible (sometimes a malware or a virus can do this). To change it back, connect your phone, view all hidden folders and system files in the Windows Explorer, and change the attributes back to proper state. To do this, right click the folder and click 'Properties'. At the bottom of the 'General' tab, you will see attributes. Check/uncheck the 'hidden' box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb