Surface Pro 4 - should I try the Core m3?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,
I'm looking for a replacement for my Android tablet, that works for me as a typical time-waster. You know - browsing the web, watching tv-shows and such. Probably no gaming, at least no serious stuff like AAA titles and such.

My biggest problem with Android devices is that they aren't really as flexible as a normal computer, and either way for most of the time I need to drag my Mac with me.

I wanted to buy myself a Surface Pro 4 with the Core m3.

However I have four biggest fears:
- Power. I know that using Core m3 for gaming isn't the best idea, but what about doing that basic stuff and keeping things fluid, especially compared to half as expensive Android tablets.
- Batery life. Same as above. From my previous experience with Windows machines (that in fact stopped around Windows 8.1) I know that battery life is a bit hit and miss. Especially when launching poorly designed x86 programs, that drain battery because they can. But - maybe - things have changed? I now that I can expect a solid battery estimation from my mac and a typical mobile-tablet. Are things similar with Surface?
- Buggy launch. I've seen lots of threads about SP4 being quite buggy at launch. Have this changed after updates?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The M3 will be fine. The weaker Surface 3 is keeping plenty of other people moving.

Battery life should be fine but it can change as usage changes. I haven't really found battery life estimation issues that weren't the fault of the battery or anything.

It should be reasonably solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa