How are folders handled on Windows Phones

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am thinking of getting anew phone I currently have an Android one and I don't like how Android handles folders, it only uses the final sub folder name in files that have got lots of folders and subfolders and I want to know if Windows phones handle them differently?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Two things:

1. You sound really picky, not that it's bad, I am too when it comes to small UX details on phones.
2. I still don't quite understand what you're asking - maybe a screenshot of the undesirable behavior would help?

rocknrolleruk

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I don't think I am picky. I just want to load my windows folders onto my phone and be able to view them as on my PC. When I go into albums on my phone and go to the folder view I get a list of the bottom folders in numeric / alphabetical order which obviously bear no relation to the folder structure on the PC. If I use the "ES file explorer app" the file structure can be seen correctly but it is not very user friendly to view photos.
From the latest reply it would seem that Windows phones treat folders in a similar way to Android phones. The only way round this I can see is to label all the bottom folders with the higher folder names, then at least all the folders on one subject would be together, but that involves quite a lot of work..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720