desktop icons was moved from left to right

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when i turned on my laptop . desktop icons from left and right was interchanged. how do i fix this ? can anybody help me ?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi welcome to Windows Central! Right click empty space on desktop-click view. You can drag and drop the icons any place you want them.

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 20

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Weird.. Hope this works:

right-click on an empty space on your desktop > view > select either 'align icons to grid' or 'auto arrange'

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

(Edit: sorry Holdum, didn't see your answer previously xd)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey my friend ! No problem. I like team work! I just wish there were more of it on this forum.
You are appreciated my friend, and always welcome on any thread that I'm helping on. It seems to me once you reply to a question here, you own it, and no one else replies on the thread. I like team work. I like your reply. It's better then mine!:excited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey friend Here's a thought! This could be causing this issue. It could be malware( Lets hope not). Team work is good!:wink:
If Windows keeps moving the desktop icons and does not let you rearrange them at will, then most probably the Auto-arrange icons option is turned on. To see or change this option, right-click on an empty space of your desktop, and move the mouse pointer to highlight the View item on the shortcut menu. This should open another menu with several desktop customization options:

If the Auto-arrange icons option is checked, uncheck it and see if that makes a difference. Chances are, you should now be able to move the icons to their appropriate positions on the desktop and Windows should not get in the way.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me once you reply to a question here, you own it, and no one else replies on the thread

Lol that's not it :p if we deem the answer good enough, we don't interfere. If the OP joins and states that the issue persists or a new problem has arisen, we'll most likely jump in to see what we can do

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Lol that's not it :p if we deem the answer good enough, we don't interfere. If the OP joins and states that the issue persists or a new problem has arisen, we'll most likely jump in to see what we can do
Hi friend! Please jump in any time. It seems the OPs seldom join the forum. That must mean that this old country boy is getting it right part of the time. I hope that is true.
I have 3 or 4 threads going at the moment about W10 updates failing, and I'm posting every thing I can think of to fix the issues. I would welcome and appreciate any help on those threads.:wink: Some times I feel like I'm hogging the W10 and Ask A Question sections. I hope I'm making some good replies.:smile:
I enjoy passing forward things I have learned from others. I don't know squat about phones!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Lol our aaq guys don't seem to be complaining so there must be enough threads to go around :p

If you weren't doing a good job, we'd have reprimanded ya by now :p
Thanks friend! You have made my day. Time for this old man's nap. I think I'm all caught with the threads with update problems.
You are appreciated friend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos