Toshiba Satellite Click W35Dt-A3300 won't boot Windows 10?

BLWMUSIC

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys. I really hope you can help me. I got this computer from a friend of mine and it had windows 8 on it when I got it and was trying to upgrade to windows 10 with the free upgrade.

I've tried in stalling it a few times, but it goes through the installation no problem then shuts off, and it gets to the toshiba logo and just stays there. It doesn't do anything and I can't do anything with it. I've tried making it talk, but it's just sitting on the logo.

Maybe there is a compatibility error with it and I can't upgrade it, but the windows tool said it was good I go.

Any help would be appreciated.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm understanding that you already have W10 installed and may be in a boot loop. I suggest you boot into Advanced Startup.
How to access 'Advanced startup' options on Windows 10 to troubleshoot and fix your PC ? PUREinfoTech

If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I will be logging on and off MC tonight. I will watch for your reply and try to help you. I need to know if you can get into the Advanced Startup!!
There are several ways there to recover your PC.:smile:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 4

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Good! A refresh-reset may be the option you want to take. There are several ways to recover W10. Let me know how things go for you. I usually hit the hay around 11 o'clock Oklahoma time!:wink: Thanks for your update!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi If you have W10 and it has been activated, you should be able to perform a fresh install any time you want to. Here's how to perform a clean install. You will lose every thing and will be starting from factory! I have never performed this procedure and it would be the last thing I would try!:wink: This will take awhile to complete, so you will need to be patient. If this does not work for you, you may have a hardware problem. Let me know! Go into safe mode after you get to the Advanced Startup. Do you have a USB with W10? I'm getting tired and running out of ideas. Here's link for W10 media Creation Tool!
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ftware-download%2Fwindows10%2F&token=hYSs0CDH
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...download%2Fwindows10startfresh&token=oClA7Wim

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
To boot from a USB, you may have to change your boot order!. You will need to go into setup F2 or F12. Check with your manufacture to see how you get to setup! My brain is getting tired!:wink:
I could use a little help from other members!:smile:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
So am I going into safe mode? The computer doesn't detect my USB for some reason.
Maybe because you don't have USB as first boot option. It is very hard for me to know your computer skills. Is USB your first boot order?
Lets forget safe mode for now and try to install W10 with the Media creation Tool. Make USB as the first boot order. Create this tool and try to install W10
If W10 was activated, you should be able to use this tool. What questions do you have about the MCT.(media creation tool) We are making this way to hard!
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ftware-download%2Fwindows10%2F&token=zSgt2VOu

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it's picking up my USB, but the USB has a light on it so I know it's doing something.
Hi friend! I have used the MCT to restore W10 before. Doing some thing with a light on is not what we want. We want to install W10 with a USB MCT. If you can't install W10 with the MCT, I don't know where to go next?? I'm very tired. I'll pick this up tomorrow!:wink:
Good luck my friend!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos