Video conferencing for classroom settings

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My sister had been teaching for almost 8 years and she wanted to venture into establishing online group tutoring service. It's somewhat similar to one on one discussions but would be mainly focused on remote lectures between her and a group of people (mostly adult learners).

Aside from Skype and Hangouts, are there other options that she can use for this type of purpose?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I've done this. I used Skype screen shore. I "lectured" while "inking" on PowerPoint. The students can hear my voice and see my writing on the "white board" of PpwerPoint.

It seemed at first that "screen share is a Skype for Business

BerleenPass

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
My sister had been teaching for almost 8 years and she wanted to venture into establishing online group tutoring service. It's somewhat similar to one on one discussions but would be mainly focused on remote lectures between her and a group of people (mostly adult learners).

Aside from Skype and Hangouts, are there other options that she can use for this type of purpose?

If you are referring to eLearning. It will need a budget but there are many options available. If the service offers a free trial that's better! You should take the opportunity to try and see the features and functions to know if it’s a suitable for your adult learners need.

overcookedcoffle

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Our company uses Brother that characterizes worry-free web because cloud-based resources are located in secure facilities with restricted physical access and all video conferencing software and online services use signed codes. But I'd like to ask again; if anyone have used this software and is it worth every penny? Since we are looking for cheaper software with good features to offer.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've done this. I used Skype screen shore. I "lectured" while "inking" on PowerPoint. The students can hear my voice and see my writing on the "white board" of PpwerPoint.

I have never used Skype, but plan to learn how to set up a study group using it. Is each student, on camera? How do you handle questions from students? Any hints would be appreciated.
Best Wishes

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I have never used Skype, but plan to learn how to set up a study group using it. Is each student, on camera? How do you handle questions from students? Any hints would be appreciated.
Best Wishes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6