I have a roughly 2 year old Asus laptop with i7, 8GB ram. I have been having trouble connecting with my WiDi for a while, to the point where I thought I had a virus or something and completely reformatted my PC. Now, there's basically nothing on it except Firefox and Spotify, and still, when I connect to my WiDi it freezes my computer and I have to power it down. Once it restarts, it connects fine, but if it disconnects (which it's also been doing) then I have to restart before connecting again.

The firmware is up to date and it's actually been happening on our adapters and laptops at work, so I'm thinking it's a software issue, either with Windows 10 or the adapter itself. I've done a million Google searches and come up with nothing. If anyone has any insight... I'd appreciate it!
    11-28-2016 08:09 PM
    Hi ! If you think the Wireless adapter is causing your problem, I suggest updating the driver.
    If you need more help, please join the forum! http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...community.html
    Here's link!https://www.asus.com/us/support/
    There are man things that can cause a PC to freeze!
    Windows freezes or stops responding.
    11-28-2016 09:40 PM