Hard Disk not showing on Windows 10 explorer

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everyone I got one strange problem! My PC start up normaly and everything is fine, but when i opel Windows Explorer (or File Explorer in Win10) i cannot see my harddisk or anything else .. i only have that quicklinks and that is ..

I have 2 drives 1 SSD and 1 HD and both of them are new and without errors. Funny thing is that no matter that i cannot acces to C or D disk i can stil open programs/games that are on those disk and that i got shortcuts on desktop.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 15

Josip Jole

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello thx 4 help .. here is the screenshot what i see ...

b7627014997048ebaab1a1e78baeec88.png

If i manage to get disk information then sometimes i cant see icon preview i only get blank icons like on screen bellow

Screenshot_1.png

Josip Jole

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
huh .. a lot of question ... so .. first .. i cannot tell you what build since i cannot acces Control Panel :(

Screenshot_2.png

I upgrade windows after recive e-mail with link etc etc it was long time ago i think windows10 was still in beta or smth like that .. But never happend anything like this before ..

EDIT:

Just small update .. it happend again .. so here is what i got after press Detailed panels in view

Screenshot_3.png

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! You seem to have a lot of problems. It could be malware?? It's very hard to trouble shoot a computer this way. I suggest you save your data and reinstall W10. To see what build you have type Winver in search! Here's link from Shawn Brink(My Hero) This will take awhile. I'm thinking your OS is totally corrupt!
Good luck. Let me know what you decide to do!
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
Here a link from HTG about a clean install of W10!
http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Josip Jole

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
oh **** .. :(
I guess no sleeping tonight for me .. thx for help m8 .. i am going to format c: and putt fresh copy of windows .. hope it will help :(

EDIT:

Just one reminder .. i just found out .. if i get that crappy blank screen from file explorer and in adress bar write c: or d: or dropbox it will open .. so i guess i am looking at win10 problems :(

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 PNY flash drives. I have W10 on one and W7 on the other:wink:. So you are installing W10 with your W10 Kingston stick ? If you could give a detailed description of how you did this, it would help others!:smile:

Josip Jole

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Sure thing m8 ..
You will need:
1. USB stick
2. W10/W7/W8 ISO file
3. Freeware program called "Rufus" (if you dont have any other program to make bootable USB drive :p)

First thing you need to make bootable USB drive:
1. Plug in your USB drive
2. Turn on rufus and select W10 iso file
3. Press start and wait until "magic" happend :)

After you make your bootable disk you need to install it:
1. Turn off your PC
2. Turn on your PC :)
3. Press DEL button (I think some laptops have some strange combo to enter bios but most PC use DEL button)
4. Once you enter BIOS search for "Boot order" or "Boot devices" (depending on the BIOS) and enter that section
5. There you want to have your USB to be on the top of the list and your HD's behind it
6. Once you do that, go out save the info and restart the PC
7. Follow the on screen instruction
8. If you are not familiar with partitions and disk use default settings if you are familiar and want to chg smth then use Advance settings in installation and change what you wont to change :)

After let's say 30-40 min you will have fresh copy of W10 :)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Very! Very! nice my friend! That is excellent post and will help others. Thank you m8. You just made this old country boys day! Don't be a stranger here. Come back often and share your knowledge.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium