How windows phone removed from my account without my presence?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My windows mobile(Microsoft Lumia 535) was stolen on last month. so i tried to find the location by 'Find My Windows Phone' option from my Microsoft account. but it was not updated after that. so i was monitoring the location & time frequently. but unfortunately without my presence, the device was removed from my account on last week. i don't know how it is possible. based on that, i have some questions. please clarify.

1) How was the device removed from my account without my presence?

2) If factory reset done on that mobile, will the registered account be removed?

3) Is it possible to use Windows Phone without registering account?

4) After factory reset, if register new MS account, will the system notify to last account user by mail? if not, how to find that newly registered account?

5) Is it possible to change Windows Phone IMEI number?

6) Any options to track that IMEI or newly registered account?

Please clarify.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

had reset or by firmware flash using WDRT.

2) If factory reset done on that mobile, will the registered account be removed?
yes

no, without registering you wont be able to download apps or use any. the phone services will be limited to only calls and messages.

4) After factory reset, if register new MS account, will the system notify to last account user by mail? if not, how to find that newly registered account?

no, it doesnt

no, not possible.

you can take help of police for IMEI tracking otherwise no you cant.

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

ramnivas t

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your answer.
How MS maintain the account with device, using IMEI?

If the device added to new account why it is not sending any mail to last user?

If they maintain the device history for an account why i cannot see my device history.

Why many gaps in the process?

Any possibility find new registered account?

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Report the phone stolen to your mobile operator so they can block the IMEI number making the phone worthless. Lumia 535 doesn't have reset protection built in which would have stopped it being reused by someone else without your permission.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My windows mobile(Microsoft Lumia 535) was stolen on last month. so i tried to find the location by 'Find My Windows Phone' option from my Microsoft account. but it was not updated after that. so i was monitoring the location & time frequently. but unfortunately without my presence, the device was removed from my account on last week. i don't know how it is possible. based on that, i have some questions. please clarify.

Please clarify.

1. Probably was erased and used with another.
2. Yep.
3. Yes, reset protection was not available until Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2, which Microsoft did not release to most devices for unknown reasons. It remains a feature on Windows 10 Mobile for the time being.

4. I'm not sure, I doubt it.

5. It's probably technologically possible but likely illegal. If I were stuck with a bad IMEI phone, I'd either part it out or use it as an iPod touch.

6. Not that I know of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077