Why should I go for the HP Elite X3?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

As a domestic appliance field engineer, I cannot be doing with carrying a laptop about so this little baby has caught my eye! So, is there anyone else out there as a field engineer using one and if so what are your likes and dislikes please? Ideally, I would like to run an accounts package on it like Xero, be able to scribble notes into One Note with a suitable pen, have great battery life, surf the net for parts, run WhatsApp and of course collect and send emails. What's this HP Workspace all about and is this an extra cost?

It would be great to get some sound feedback, please.

Thanks in advance

Frank

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm not sure the X3 will meet your needs.

1. Xero is not available for Windows 10 Mobile. (I'm not sure what else is available)
2. I don't think OneNote on Windows 10 Mobile accepts pen input or even drawing.

HP Workspace is a sort of virtualization/remote desktop solution that lets the X3 work with legacy software by hosting it on a server and letting Workspace users access it. It's a solution for a larger company, not something that will be practical for an individual or small outfit.

However, as an alternative I'm not sure what I'd recommend. I would think a pen-enabled convertible like the ThinkPad Yoga series will fit the bill but it's still a laptop. There are some 8" pen-enabled tablets like the ASUS VivoTab Note 8 and Dell Venue 8 Pro but they all date back to the time of Windows 8.0 and 8.1.

The Galaxy Note 7 fiasco has left a bit of a void in the pen-enabled smartphone market and I'm not familiar with the Note 5 predecessor.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720