Has my L830 got a Note 7 battery?

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My phone was on the table, not being used, when it suddenly began vibrating constantly and very rapidly. The screen was black but faintly backlit. Holding down the Power button had no effect and the phone was getting hotter every second. So glad it only takes seconds to get the back cover off and pull the battery, otherwise I dread to think what could have happened. It's working ok again now (448) but having it in the house or in my pocket doesn't fill me with confidence! Has anything like this happened to others recently. I did find it reported in some forums online but none with answers

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would only worry if that behavior became a common occurrence. Also remember that a soft reset would've likely solved your issue which is holding power + volume down for 10-15 seconds.

Weird-yet-serious occurrences like that have only happened a couple times on a couple otherwise-perfect phones I've owned so I would assume they are a fluke unless it happens again. (like the time my 920 crashed, constantly made some awful sound and displayed static. Happened once over its couple-year service lifetime with me.)

But no, your 830 catching fire is very unlikely. And it physically does not have a Note 7 battery. I would first think the heat to be due to the glitch and the processor + radio rather than the battery. My 920 would heat up a lot when web browsing over cellular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon