Glance on Windows 10 Mobile Version 10.0.14393.448

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello. I've asked this on the xda-developers forum, but thought I'd ask here as well.

I've recently updated my Lumia 925 from 8.1 to 10.0.14393.448 using the 'installing-redstone-unsupported-devices-x2x-series' on these forums (marked as spam if I try to link). I have also tried to get Glance to work using the instructions (amongst others) from xda-developers DOT com SLASH windows-10-mobile/th2-restone-windows-10-custom-roms-t3440144 and the most recent version of Interop Tools, however the Glance app still crashes within a second or so from trying to open it from the Extras menu in Settings. I have followed the steps closely, so I can only assume that for build 10.0.14393.448 this method stopped working.

I have noticed that currently the Glance app version installed on my phone is 4.1.151.0, while the files and registry edits from the guide refer to older versions. Is there any way to get a version of Glance that would be compatible with the changes I've made to the file system and registry? Alternatively, is there any way to get updated compatible files for the Glance version I have? I have also tried to get a 3.x version and update again to the current one, but it still doesn't work.

Any hints or a method on how I can get Glance to work on my phone? Many thanks in advance.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
On phones that officially support Windows 10 Mobile, Glance is no longer a standalone app on the Anniversary Update. Maybe this has something to do with your issue.

getmeglance

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
On phones that officially support Windows 10 Mobile, Glance is no longer a standalone app on the Anniversary Update. Maybe this has something to do with your issue.

Thanks for your reply. I don't think that's necessarily the case, since the posts I've been reading all say that they have been on the Anniversary Update. (See for example here and here.)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes