Notebook Buying Advice for Graphic Designer / Photographer

brianjangima

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a designer looking to buy a capable notebook to handle my work. Graphic design, digital illustration and light 2D animation. I'm on a 1,500 USD budget and I'm thinking of three options. DELL XPS 15 I7-6500HQ, Samsung ATIV Book 9 Pro and ASUS Zenbook Pro UX501VW. Any advice?

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry this isn't a very technical answer, but I had a Samsung laptop 3-4 years ago. I can't remember the model unfortunately but it was a ?1000 laptop, not a cheap one and I was very disappointed with it. Build quality was very poor. In fact I nearly sent it back within the initial returns period and on hindsight wish I had done now.

I'm also currently looking at the XPS 15 and will be looking through some reviews when I get the chance. The XPS 13 seems to be vey well received. I had the original XPS 27 desktop a few years ago and it was excellent, and the Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet which isn't the prettiest or slimmest tablet you will find but is built like a tank. I've always found Dell support to be excellent too, contrary to what you may read elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium