Unable to download apps from store

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I do not have wifi where I live so I use data settings to download apps from store, at least that's how it worked on my last 1520. I had to buy a new 1520 and when I try to download an app from the store all I get is a dark screen with the word "downloading" across the screen with the dots coming and going. Btw I can still see the app page while this is trying to download. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks in advance windows people!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I do not have wifi where I live so I use data settings to download apps from store, at least that's how it worked on my last 1520. I had to buy a new 1520 and when I try to download an app from the store all I get is a dark screen with the word "downloading" across the screen with the dots coming and going. Btw I can still see the app page while this is trying to download. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks in advance windows people!
Was this a new or refurbed phone?
Can't try a friend's wifi?
Can't try McDonalds' wifi?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I think the store is configured to not download big apps from the store when on 3g/4g (because this might drain your available data very quickly). I'm not sure if you can change that settings but do check them out, maybe you can.

An alternative would be to find a WiFi spot to do it. Or if you have more than one device you could force it by using your other device as a WiFi hotspot (i.e. sharing your data from the other device) so then your phone will see it as a WiFi connection.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the store is configured to not download big apps from the store when on 3g/4g (because this might drain your available data very quickly). I'm not sure if you can change that settings but do check them out, maybe you can.

An alternative would be to find a WiFi spot to do it. Or if you have more than one device you could force it by using your other device as a WiFi hotspot (i.e. sharing your data from the other device) so then your phone will see it as a WiFi connection.
Go for it! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss