My computer has a yellow tint

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My computer has a yellow tint, and it won't go away. And yes, I know there's another thread on it, but it doesn't have any reliable answers. The weird thing is that my computer starts normal every time I restart, then it slowly fades to the ugly tint. I tried everything I could find, and nothing worked. And I can't open the display menu, because not only was I completely confused about how to do it, but my computer was upgraded from an older computer, so I don't think it even has the button. Even when I ran the color calibration, as soon as I let go of an adjustment button, it reset to that damn yellow. And I can't afford to get a new computer or monitor or anything. Has anyone else had this problem?

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum, I think we are going to need more info about it, like kind of computer, which Windows version are you running, kind of monitor and if it's possible some screen captures or pictures.

I invite you also to register in order to follow up the messages about it, and also you will find a lot of good info and people around to share.

Back in the topic, it can be caused by an Hardware problem, if so you will need possibly to replace a part, but it depends of the kind of computer, if it's a laptop will be more difficult, if it's a desktop with a regular LCD monitor you can test the monitor in another computer and another monitor in your computer to see if there is a problem with the monitor or the graphics card, also changing the cable (not the power cable but the data cable) from the monitor to the computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers