Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Computer will not go to sleep or install any updates.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have checked settings for sleep mode schedule, that is not the problem. When I try to re-start to install updates, it gets up to 98% then says it can't install updates and then uninstalls the updates. I've run the diagnostic program from Microsoft and it said it fixed several errors but still would not install updates. I cannot get an error code because there is no update history. I cannot revert to windows 7 because the upgrade occurred more than 10 days ago. I looked for an option to re-install Windows 10 and did not find one. Unless someone out there has a solution I will have to reset the computer and hope to get Windows 7 back that way.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're willing to start fresh, and the upgrade to Windows 10 was successful (i.e. your machine has the digital licence), then the best thing to do would be to do a clean install of Windows 10. You can create a bootable disk or USB drive using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website. Just select your version of Windows 10, and the tool will download and create your installation media. Use this to do a clean install of Windows 10.

I know this might sound like a bit of work, but Windows 10 has been absolutely fantastic for me (except one issue, but it's rather minor).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes