My Lumia 730 has Lost its Setting and Imp Apps, pls advice how to fix it

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I am using Lumia 730, few days back my phone suddenly started upgrading itself, then by mistakenly I have shut down the phone ( I thought for My imp data ) but now after having updating phone, it lost its setting option and vry imp apps ( like Mcrosoft Edge , Maps, Cortana etc ). and even when i am downloding somethings from app store, its showing error, that means phone is not working condition, ( other apps like music , gallery, Call all that is working ) please help to fix it up ASAP.

Regards
Vikrant Sharma

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Interrupted update is not good.

You'll need to do a Hard Reset since you can't access settings.

Power off the phone >hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you seethe exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down

Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / VolumeDown

You should see the spinning gears and your phonewill reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but getyour phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backupduring the set up.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am using Lumia 730, few days back my phone suddenly started upgrading itself, then by mistakenly I have shut down the phone ( I thought for My imp data ) but now after having updating phone, it lost its setting option and vry imp apps ( like Mcrosoft Edge , Maps, Cortana etc ). and even when i am downloding somethings from app store, its showing error, that means phone is not working condition, ( other apps like music , gallery, Call all that is working ) please help to fix it up ASAP.

Regards
Vikrant Sharma

Do as the person in the comment above says.

What actually happened is as it was updating itself,you turned it off, and hence it couldn't fully upgrade itself. I would suggest first try a soft reset. (press power button and volume down button for 13 seconds.) if it restarts and the issue still remains, try hard reset, like suggested in the comment above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss