Stopped working after i did factory reset

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't have needed to do a factory reset if use was minimal, don't know your case but a simple restart or reboot should have sufficed.

Any indication that is powered on, did you try holding the power button to see if that sparked any life into it?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
i tried a factory reset after my surface kept saying i was low on memory even though i ever hardly use it. now screen is black and that's all she wrote...now what?

If nothing works, download the iso file for the latest version of windows 10 and put it on a flash drive and then using that, try to boot your device. I am not an expert in how to do it, but i know it is done as i have done it twice myself, just cannot seem to remember how. Or best, take it to the customer service. They will fix it.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
If nothing works, download the iso file for the latest version of windows 10 and put it on a flash drive and then using that, try to boot your device. I am not an expert in how to do it, but i know it is done as i have done it twice myself, just cannot seem to remember how. Or best, take it to the customer service. They will fix it.
Here's a great tutorial from Shawn Brink! https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-usb-drive-boot-windows-10-a.html I agree with Elky. A reset may have not been necessary:grin:!
PS! If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware settings, then you will need to temporarily disable fast boot or ultra fast boot to be able to boot from a USB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss