Windows 10 Mobile hotspot not working

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I connected internet to my PC via my Android mobile data. But Windows 10 Mobile hotspot not working it shows "we can't set up Mobile hotspot Turn on wifi"
While connected via mobile hotspot.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
first, I don't understand what exactly you are trying to say here. your android data connecting to the pc, cool, but then where did windows 10 mobile come into picture from? even if I guess, you probably meant to say that you can give hotspot internet to your pc via your android phone, but when you try to use hotspot on mobile, it says it cannot happen. okay. but then what is the last sentence supposed to mean?

anyway, make sure your data sense is turned off. if you have exhausted your data, then your windows phone wont allow you to turn the hotspot on to prevent extra charges.
so, follow all these steps as I say. :

1. Go to settings on your mobile phone.
2. there, go to network and wireless.
3. Go to data usage.
4. if you see you have set a limit, then remove it, as it may have exceeded it long back. so, remove the data restrictions and all.
5. Soft reset your phone once you remove the limit. ( press the power button and the volume down button together till it vibrates and restarts.)

6. try now using hotspot.
also, if this doesn't work,
7. Slide down the notification centre, and long press on the mobile hotspot option. the mobile hotspot setting will open.
8. make sure if the "wifi" option is ticked, and NOT Bluetooth.

9. lemme know if all this helps.

10. Also, feel free to join the amazing community of windows Central. We might just be able to help you better then. :)

good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon