Is there a way to enable Windows Spotlight at Windows Pro N x64?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The option is not avalable at the LockScreen personalization :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The option is not avalable at the LockScreen personalization :(

is the machine a work pc? or administered and controlled by someone else? Some settings can be disabled by management for work pcs

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi you have to click on it to see the options!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 29

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Which build? IIRC, 10240 did not ship with Spotlight for the Pro edition. If it's either 10586 or 14393, you should have it. Unless, of course, it was never available for the N editions.

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
>So when you go to settings > personalisation > lockscreen > under background there's no option for spotlight?
No, there is no this option avalable.

>Which build? IIRC, 10240 did not ship with Spotlight for the Pro edition. If it's either 10586 or 14393, you should have it. Unless, of course, it was never available for the N editions.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

As I understand N version is without Media Player and Media Center. Obviously it is also without Spotlight, i Think.

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
>Media Centre has been discontinued. Looks like Spotlight is not available for N editions then.

>See if there's anything here that can help:
>https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...dows-spotlight

Yes, N is without Spotlight (or it is disabled somehow). The task is to enable it or add it to the system.

Using the ling above I'd manage to disable the ability to change the option between Picture and Slideshow just to enable this in group policy:
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content\Configure Spotlight on lock screen

No spotlight yet :(

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
>Download " Dynamic Theme" app from windows store. Then open the apps, click on "lock screen" and choose "windows spotlight"

Works well. Thanks! But this is not true Windows feature. I'm looking an option how to enable/transfer original windows feature to N edition...

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
> This is an off-topic suggestion, but you can use the 'quote' button to reply to specific comments in these threads.

It is funny but I don't have such kind of a button. Only field for answer and Submit....
Hi You don't have the option to quote of the forum? That is not funny.:wink: That sounds serious to me.:grin:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 5

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster