I am using Windows 10 on Lumia 535. Recently when I am turning on my mobile it shows a Exclamation Sign (!), then I removed the battery and turned on then it's normal. I am worried about the Sign. Help!
    01-04-2017 08:34 AM
    Recently when I am turning on my mobile it shows a Exclamation Sign (!), then I removed the battery and turned on then it's normal.
    Your Volume Down button is sticking.

! is the preparation stage to a Hard Reset and is reached by booting the phone while holding Volume Down. After the ! you would tap Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down. This would lead to the spinning gears and the phone would reflash the OS from Recovery (wiping user data).

I know of no other cause for ! besides Power + Volume Down. I would think that removing the cover to unseat the battery also releases the Volume Down button.

Inspect your battery cover to see if the button action for Volume Down is the issue.
    And exclamation is usually the sign of a warning message. Have you tried placing your finger on it and seeing if the warning message pops up? I suspect it may be a message about a connection issue, such as a weak, or no connection, or no data connection (that is no internet). Have you tried just waiting a bit? 30 second to a minute or 2 to see if the connection resolves itself and connects?

Anything else happen on the phone when you get this !? For example can you make a call? What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? Also try browsing the web and sending a text, do either of these things generate an error message? Again what does the message say?
    01-04-2017 08:48 AM
    Recently when I am turning on my mobile it shows a Exclamation Sign (!), then I removed the battery and turned on then it's normal.
    Your Volume Down button is sticking.

! is the preparation stage to a Hard Reset and is reached by booting the phone while holding Volume Down. After the ! you would tap Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down. This would lead to the spinning gears and the phone would reflash the OS from Recovery (wiping user data).

I know of no other cause for ! besides Power + Volume Down. I would think that removing the cover to unseat the battery also releases the Volume Down button.

Inspect your battery cover to see if the button action for Volume Down is the issue.
    pkcable, libra89 and emamitabha like this.
    01-04-2017 10:30 AM
    I inspected. It's fine now.@RumouredNow
    RumoredNow, pkcable and libra89 like this.
    01-16-2017 09:18 AM
    I inspected. It's fine now.@RumouredNow
    This is why he gets the big bucks! lol
    RumoredNow, libra89 and holdum333 like this.
    01-17-2017 01:41 PM