I have a Lumia 635 that runs Windows 8.1, I loved it until today. I could live without an android phone because I don't need a lot of apps, just need a working phone with HERE Drive and a few simple games to kill time when I have a few minutes to spare.

I notice some of my installed games disappeared this morning and some apps begin to freeze. I have heard Skype is gone and HERE Drive will no longer be supported. Has 8.1 come to an end? Does this mean I need a new phone? My 635 is less than 2 years old so it's a bit of a disappointment.
    01-04-2017 08:11 PM
    HERE Drive is still supported for 8.1, just not for Windows 10 Mobile. Development wise, it is at the end. Weigh your wants and needs in your phone (and apps) and go from there.

I would suggest turning your phone off and then back on to see if that does anything for the freezing apps. You would need a new phone if you wished to try Windows 10 Mobile though.
    Guytronic, mark233 and aximtreo like this.
    01-04-2017 08:18 PM
    I'll say that Microsoft is no longer paving the 8.1 highway.
    A small number of developers are still supporting apps on 8.1 though it's a minuscule effort.

I'll recommend buying a new Phone that supports WM10.
    I think you'd have a much better experience.
    01-04-2017 08:24 PM
    HERE Drive is still supported for 8.1, just not for Windows 10 Mobile. Development wise, it is at the end. Weigh your wants and needs in your phone (and apps) and go from there.

I would suggest turning your phone off and then back on to see if that does anything for the freezing apps. You would need a new phone if you wished to try Windows 10 Mobile though.
    Certainly, HERE Drive is still available for 8.1 but it won't have any more updates. I have already experienced some problems with HERE once, not sure how much longer an out-of-date app like that will be good for. I think I will give android phones a try.

I'll say that Microsoft is no longer paving the 8.1 highway.
    A small number of developers are still supporting apps on 8.1 though it's a minuscule effort.

I'll recommend buying a new Phone that supports WM10.
    I think you'd have a much better experience.
    Thanks and I agree. Little apps are available for 8.1 but half of those I've installed are already acting funny. I personally don't like Windows 10 on my pc so I am not ready for WM10. I am going to get a cheap android to see how I like it then I will decide if I want to come back for a WP.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-05-2017 12:25 AM