I can't get my disk to start to install in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have Windows 10 and I am trying to install a game on my laptop. When I put it in the drive nothing pops up or acknowledges it and I can't find it when searching through documents etc. to install. I have AutoPlay switched on. Any advice?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Is it the right kind of disk for the drive? There are several type of CD, DVD and BluRay drives, AND disks they support, USUALLY the DVD drives will support most if not all types of CDs, but not necessarily all types of DVDs, and no BluRay. Also CD Drives won't support anything but CDs. BluRay Drive should support everything. IF you have the wrong kind of disk you can probably download the game electronically from the developer's website, and use the license from the disk or packaging.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @pkcable is 100% right. If you put your Disc in the DVD drive you should see what I see when I put my Ubuntu Disc in my DVD drive. If you don't see the files that are on the Disc or you don't see the Disk, your DVD can not read the Disk. This is my understanding. Please correct me if this is wrong.:wink:
Here's screen shot. I do better with pictures then with words!:grin:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 20

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi OP could try updating the DVD driver. If the drive was working before upgrading to W10, it wouldn't hurt to see if there is a driver update. Wondering where the Disc came from?:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3