[HELP] Surface Pro 4 i7 or Macbook Pro 13' 2016 with touchbar

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi.. I'm new here.

I usually use my laptop for office tasks, browsing, editing photos in photoshop and lightroom. And I want to upgrade my machine. I saw the new MacBook pro 13 inch as an option, touchbar is kind of interesting. It is $1850 now at the best buy, i5 version with 8GB of ram and 512GB SSD. I also consider surface pro 4 i7 with 16GB of ram and 256GB SSD for $1799, it will cost me $1939 in total if I get the type cover too ($90 different), is it worth to take it now or should I wait for Surface pro 5 instead?

Maybe you can help me decide which one I should get. I found out many users using pen for editing in photoshop and lightroom with surface, I think it really helps in accuracy. Touchbar is also interesting to use for daily task like typing or browsing through internet.

For you who have both products (or one of them) (or neither of them), please feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
re:

Welcome, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I'm a Mac guy, BUT I'm kind of balking at the new prices. You get MUCH more bang for your buck on the PC side, and as you pointed out you get that pencil AND a full touch screen, not just a touch bar. I agree the touch bar looks pretty interesting, BUT wouldn't a full touch screen be just as good? I can't believe I'm trying to talk someone in to getting a PC over a Mac! LOL Hey you MIGHT want to go to Bestbuy or some other retailer that has both and do some demos. Or a mall with an Apple Store AND a PC shop. :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So i was wondering if anyone could tell me, is it too late to buy a surface pro 4? should i wait for the 5?

It's never too late to buy anything as long as the price is right. The big question is whether you need a computer now or not.

Does the 4 meet your needs? etc. It has been a while since the last refresh but hey, it won't work any more poorly if a 5 were to appear than it does now.

Just be careful of its repairability. If you ever need to replace the battery, glass or otherwise, repair will be somewhere between impossible and expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)