Onedrive wont install or uninstall . or do anything for crying in the mud.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey
ok so i uninstalled one drive but the icon wont leave ( in apps list... but in file explorer its gone . ) and everytime i press on it, it doesnt do anything at all.

I tried reinstalling from the microsoft site, but it says you already have the latest one.

i tried this, %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall . then tried reinstalling from %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\ but it says i have a newer version .

Kay so what the heck, im in a loop, i have and dont have drive? how do i ripe the living roots of onedrive outta windows so i can do a fresh install?

creatiive

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
my onedrive is not in the uninstall list
%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\app_version_folder - could not be found on my computer.
in this directory C:\Users\Creatiive\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive
i have 2 folders one 17.3.6381.0405 and the other the 17.3.6720.1207 also log and setup folder

the 1207 folder is totally empty while the other is full of files for onedrive.

i also downloaded the onedrive from store, which i dont want because it made 2 one drive apps on my computer, which is poiintless.

????? anythoughts ?

EDIT

in the one of the 17.3 folder that was full is an executable for one drive. it opens a windows saying installing onedrive for the first time. it loads up, finishes ... and nothing :S

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably time to use a Restore Point to revert to a time before you edited your system files...

After that, try the official method to remove OneDrive shown in the first part of the article I linked.

There is obvious damage to system files that won't heal itself or rectify. Hence the need to Restore to an earlier time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion