The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Whenever I open a photo in Windows 10, there is a rectangular dialog box at the bottom center that contains the next and previous arrows, as well as the trash icon and some other unidentifiable icon that does not work. This command box partially blocks many photos, and I can't find any way to hide it while viewing a photo. It's really annoying, and I never had this issue with Windows 7. What's going on?
    01-09-2017 07:35 PM
    Hi Welcome to Window Central. You can change what opens your photos. It sounds like you are using photos to open your photo. Choose a different option to open your photos.
    Right click the photo- Click Properties- Change !
    Attached Thumbnails capture25.jpg  
    01-09-2017 08:02 PM
    Personally I found Photos App less than satisfactory so I uninstalled it. I instead use the deprecated but still highly useful Office Picture Manager '07.

Details on that are here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...dows-10-a.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    holdum333 likes this.
    01-09-2017 08:16 PM
    Hi friend! I have a question. Do I have to remove the photos app before I install Office Picture Manager '07
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-09-2017 09:03 PM
    Hi friend! I have a question. Do I have to remove the photos app before I install Office Picture Manager '07
    Not at all... I just preferred to save the processing power from Photo's incessant scanning. It aggregates way too much and I'm in the old habit of looking at pics folder by folder and I have some meticulous organizing that Photos runs roughshod over.
    01-10-2017 12:04 AM
    Not at all... I just preferred to save the processing power from Photo's incessant scanning. It aggregates way too much and I'm in the old habit of looking at pics folder by folder and I have some meticulous organizing that Photos runs roughshod over.
    Thanks!You are appreciated!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-10-2017 11:09 AM