Miracast not working

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Surface Pro 4 and two Miracast receivers:
a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and an EZCast

The Surface is unable to connect to the receivers, it starts trying to connect, I can see this on the HDTV 'Connecting to....' when I start the Connect from the Surface. But after a while the Surface comes back with a 'Couldn't connect' while the HDTV continues with the 'Connecting to...' for a while.

Now I also have a Lumia 950XL and that one connects flawlessly to both the receivers.
What I see with the Lumia and the EZCast that it first does a Connecting P2P to... and after a while a Connecting RTSP to... (not sure this is the protocol name) and then the Lumia connects. With the Surface and the EZCast it also starts with the P2P but never gets beyond that.

I went through all the items on the Microsoft side about what to do, going through all possibilities, like uninstalling drivers, resetting adapters etc, and even the last one 'Contact Microsoft', but even that did not help me at all.

The problem is on the Surface is my feeling as the Lumia has no problems. But what could this be? I cannot find anything in the Event logs. Is there anything that would help me understanding the problem, a SysInternals tool, a network sniffer for Miracast? Any help appreciated.

kaoh_v

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Are you on an insiders build? I have the same problem while connecting to my*Xbox One screen cast app.
Sometimes it does connect but I am left with a green screen.
I*am on the slow build, assumed*it was the cause.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue but with my Surface Pro 3 and Lumia 950. The phone and Surface find my Sony 700d tv. The tv shows that a connection is being attempted. First the Surface and Lumia give up and then after a while the TV also shows that the connection could not be established.

Any solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12