Windows 10 doesn't boot after scan disk (almost horizontal colorful lines) Ubuntu + Windows dualboot

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I was trying to run a Windows 10 on my laptop. It started to scan the disk so I let it run. After that the notebook was restarted automatically. Now I am unable to boot into a Windows. When I choose the Windows 10 from the boot menu I get these almost horizontal colorful lines (See attached image). I've experienced the same problem on my sisters laptop, back then the lines were completely horizontal. Me and my sister we were/are having dual boot - Ubuntu + Windows. I can't even enter the repair mode on windows, because of this almost horizontal lines which come up right after I choose Windows 10 from the boot menu.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

IMG_20170112_183054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central. Here's a trick that might get you into the Advanced Startup. From there you will have some options to repair your PC.
If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings

If you need more help,please join the forum!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/310085-join-windows-central-community.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa