iTunes and Groove/OneDrive question

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife buys her music from iTunes but would like to listen to it on her Lumia in the car. (I know she should use Groove Pass or buy via the Store, but one battle at a time folks!)

To do this I think I need to move the location of the iTunes library to her OneDrive/Music folder on her laptop so that it synchs and its available in the cloud. Would that be correct and if anyone has done this do you have any tips or gotchas?

Note: I appreciate that I can import her iTunes library to Groove on her laptop, but that only makes the music available locally on the Groove app on her laptop and not on her phone.

Just so it's clear, I know I can simply copy the files to OneDrive/Music but my wife wants to continue to buy music on iTunes and hence the 'copying' shouldn't be a regular activity - that's why I want to see if I can move the iTunes library to OneDrive/Music so that every time a new song it purchased on iTunes it automatically appears on all her Win10 devices with Groove.

Any help would help - cheers!

Last edited:

Kieran Jeffery

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I can't see why moving the iTunes downloads folder to her OneDrive Music folder wouldn't work. I did the same with my documents folders and it keeps all of my games saves in sync across my desktop and laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa