I didnt believe it at first... My GF uses OneDrive to back up her files on her laptop.. a week ago the internet slowed to a crawl... ping was between 250 and 900... download bandwidth was less then a meg per sec... and its happened quite a few times in the last week... and EVERY time... GF is uploading something to OneDrive.. once she shuts it off and I reset the router... everything goes back to normal.. but she is not downloading she is uploading so how can that effect download speed for my household?
    01-16-2017 12:32 PM
    I didnt believe it at first... My GF uses OneDrive to back up her files on her laptop.. a week ago the internet slowed to a crawl... ping was between 250 and 900... download bandwidth was less then a meg per sec... and its happened quite a few times in the last week... and EVERY time... GF is uploading something to OneDrive.. once she shuts it off and I reset the router... everything goes back to normal.. but she is not downloading she is uploading so how can that effect download speed for my household?
    From what I understand, you can be slowed down for a couple of reasons: Router, busy period on the Internet, ISP transfer station problems, and the CHANNEL your router is on. Most ISP's default to the same channel for the most part; you could be routed onto a very congested channel for your area. I was slowed to a nails pace about 3 weeks ago, and after changing the channel I was using I immediate jumped back up to the norms. You can check with your ISP's tech dept to find how , and if, you can change the routers channel; and maybe get them to run some tests for you?

Good Luck!
    01-16-2017 01:47 PM
    I'm with Guest on this one. I've been having issues for a little while now. The ISP has spent many hours trying to determine what was wrong with my internet access. Ultimately they said it was due to Win 10. I googled it and tried updating my drivers and various other things, but nothing I tried seem to help. Today the network was slow again with high latency.

I remembered that I could go in and look at network resources to see what was using network resources on the PC. At the top of the list was OneDrive.exe with over 100,000 bytes/sec. So I re-ran the speed test and had the same dismal 5Mb throughput and 300+ms latency, then I ended the OneDrive process and reran the speed test for a 3rd time. This time the latency was 20ms and the download was 15MB. Right where it should be.

There's definitely something going on with OneDrive!!!
    03-16-2017 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD