Guys my phone is restarting after I updated to the latest build released. Are any of you guys having the same problem with the Lumia 830? If so anything I could do to get my phone stable? Thanks in advance.
    01-17-2017 10:26 PM
    Does it say "Goodbye" before restarting or just blanks out ?
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-18-2017 12:33 AM
    First, it needs power and if the battery goes flat while you try and fix it that is another problem. So plug it into the charger and make sure it has juice.

Catch it between boots, meaning when it shuts off and before it starts again.

In that moment, Hold the Volume Up button until you see the Lightning Bolt and Gear screen. THEN connect to the computer and try WDRT.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    ripcoral and libra89 like this.
    01-18-2017 01:34 AM
    Does it say "Goodbye" before restarting or just blanks out ?
    the phone gets stuck and then BAME!! blanks out and restart with the nokia logo
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-18-2017 04:29 AM
    It was happening on my 830 but I noticed it was only when using UC Browser. The battery also began to get hot just before it blanked. I've uninstalled the app and it hasn't happened since. I also use Opera Mini a lot ( have done since early Nokia days) and the phone sometimes has the same "feeling" it's about to fail in the same way. Is it only coincidental that these are among many of the apps that aren't getting updates since the latest builds?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-18-2017 05:11 AM
    It was happening on my 830 but I noticed it was only when using UC Browser. The battery also began to get hot just before it blanked. I've uninstalled the app and it hasn't happened since. I also use Opera Mini a lot ( have done since early Nokia days) and the phone sometimes has the same "feeling" it's about to fail in the same way. Is it only coincidental that these are among many of the apps that aren't getting updates since the latest builds?
    Well now my keyboard gets stuck now and then. Just now I had to remove my phone battery in order to restart my device. The controls buttons on bottom of the phone or on the side wont work when it get stuck. Either the keyboard or the buttons off the screen wont work. And I just restarted my phone 3 to 5 times, cuz this screen freezing issue is getting worse the more I use it. Got my phone updated today. I have been using edge and Instagram the whole day. I mean those are the two apps basically I ever use often
    01-18-2017 06:15 AM
    Last time I had an 830 randomly reboot, it needed repair /replacement. WDRT didn't work but it may help here.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-18-2017 09:29 AM
    Updating to the last build got my phone fixed. Thanks guys. The last build seems really stable on lumia830
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-23-2017 12:15 AM