I dont want the notepad that i have on my pc but i cant uninstall it!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I wanted to download something that should have worked but because of this notepad the file has been changed to notepad. i think if i delete notepad it will change it back but i cant delete it. i open file loction and it opens it at This PC/ Local Disk (C:)/Windows pls help me?
TY

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Please elaborate. Notepad is not a nefarious application that randomly goes around hijacking files.

What type of file are you trying to open? What are you trying to open it with?

voidly123

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
well i dont really know what the name of the rom of the file but its the normal paper thing that you cant really open it. It should be an 3ds file. and yes notepad is kinda hacking me of you ask me... im trying to get the file into citra to play pokemon alpha sapphire but nope. it doesnt support notepad rom.

btw. im the guest. as you can tell

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
well i dont really know what the name of the rom of the file but its the normal paper thing that you cant really open it. It should be an 3ds file. and yes notepad is kinda hacking me of you ask me... im trying to get the file into citra to play pokemon alpha sapphire but nope. it doesnt support notepad rom.

btw. im the guest. as you can tell
that's because you set the file to open with notepad in your "file associations" settings, if you right click on the file in question and then choose properties then go to "open with" and then you choose the appropriate program to open the file... but you have to know what type of file it is that opens that particular file.

voidly123

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
well i didnt do that.
this is the file i want it to be. paper file.png

this is the thing that i need to open the file with. CITRA.png

this is what it says error.png or rom error.png

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, there you go! Your application (Citra Edge) does not support the type of file you are trying to open. If this file used to open before, I would advise checking the file extension - or downloading the file from source again.

I still have no idea where Notepad has a role in this.

voidly123

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
well i just wanted to delete notepad. if i download it agian notepad will do it agian because i tried to do the same things with other files that should have been normal but NOPE notepad doesnt change them...
the file extension is 3ds but how can a 3ds file can be notepad rom...

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Those Citra Edge errors usually mean that something is wrong with the ROM files. I belive they need to be fully decrypted in order to work with the Citra Edge emulator. Check their support they should have something on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb