Copying files from PC to Phone freezes up phone and sometimes even crashes it.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So I have been having this problem for about 6 months now and I'm pretty much fed up with it. I watch series on phone but because I can't download anything on the W10 edge(yay!) I have to download stuff on my PC first, then I have to copy the files to the SD card. It's not a very big deal in itself but for every file above about 10 MBs I have to restart the PC and the Phone several times(Or it even does it for itself since the Phone just restarts as if it had a sudden overvoltage) to be able to copy a single file onto it. It often tells me that "The device may be in use or it's disconnected" but everything should be fine but it's not... I wouldn't really mind this if I wouldn't watch at least 2-3 episodes daily(It takes about an hour just to finally be able to see the copying screen without crashes + the usual 30 minutes for the copying). What may be the cause of this?

I use W8.1 with every update installed and almost every driver up-to-date on my PC and WP10 with the latest possible build on a Lumia 535. The SD card is a Kingston SDC4 16Gb.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever soft reset the phone? Try it.
A soft reset does not lose data. it is like pulling the battery.
Hold the volume down button and the power button down until the phone vibrates, release.
This takes about 10 seconds. The phone will shutdown and restart.
Reboot the PC also

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire