Remove "Documents" from Quick access after deleting its partition

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I recently removed a hard drive from my PC (E:) but the "Documents" folder is still showing under the "Quick access" menu. Previous, I changed the default location of Documents to be E:\Documents instead of C:\<user>\Documents.

I right click and choose "unpin from quick access" and nothing happens. If I click the pin to unpin it I get this error message:

"E:\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it have been moved or deleted."

Yes, it has been deleted... but I want to remove it from the quick access bar! Any ideas?

joeltine

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but I don't want to remove quick access altogether, I just want to remove "Documents" from quick access. It points to a hard drive partition that I previously removed from my PC, "E:\Documents".

I just figured it out after finding https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3fkbv9/some_folders_wont_unpin_from_quick_access/.

I temporarily created a new partition named "E:". Then, I created a "Documents" folder in the newly created E:\ and renamed it. Then I deleted it. This immediately removed the folder from quick access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077