How can I search my PC with Cortona?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I used to be able to put something in the search bar and that item would pop up. Now, it just has a magnifying glass next the term Im looking for. Example, I put in tax returns and those words come up with a magnifying glass next to them taking me to the web. It doesn't bring up the PDF's that im looking for.

satishn

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
My experience is that if you open a specific document or file by using the same keywords multiple times, it learns over a period of time and it will start bringing it up as the best match. I'm not sure how many times you have to do that for it to learn that though.

Other options to search on the computer instead of web are:

1) After you type the keywords, you can use the 'tab' key to go next. After 3 hits on the tab key, at the top of search bar, 'Find Results in apps' will highlight. Use your right arrow to move to the next icon, which is 'Find Results in documents' and hit enter. It will search your computer for matching results. Of course, these steps are for running the search using your keyboard. You can type in your keywords and use the mouse to click on the 'Find Results in documents' directly :)

2) The option is to prefix your search terms with the keyword "documents: " and then hit enter. Fox example, documents: tax returns.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12