Why is*my touchpad and touchscreen not working after upgrading to build 15025?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am*using a surface book and*after*upgrading from build 15007 to 15025 (skipped 15019) both*my touchscreen and touchpad*no longer work (can't even see the cursor on the screen). Even*if I attach a usb mouse, it will only*work for a few seconds*and then stop altogether (cursor will move around but can't click on anything and system makes beeping noises after each click). I have tried reinstalling drivers*by running "SurfaceBook_Win10_161510_0.msi" but even this doesn't work. However,*my mouse and touchscreen will work if I boot into safe mode.

Arobs45

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem... Even if I don't know for the "safe mode" test, which I'll try tonight. Just to mention that the pen is not working either (maybe obvious, as linked to the touch screen ?)

I tried to update the drive, through the "update menu", and it seems the search went in an inifinite search... Maybe some issue with the drivers update process ?

PS : I did all the builds, including 15019. The problem appeared with the 15025. Also, in between, I got the "firmware update for SP3". What is the root cause ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss