Apps hanging on Loading... and not actually launching

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For the last several months and over multiple Insider preview builds of W10M on my Lumia 950 Dual SIM. I have had an issue launching many apps. For example, Slacker Radio will sit on the Loading... screen for about a minute before crashing back to the Start screen. An app like GasBuddy opens to its normal splash screen but never actually loads and again just crashes to Start.

I have gone through a factory reset with no improvements to the issue.
This happens with some brand new apps I have never downloaded on this or any other device. It does not appear to happen to apps installed on the phone by default. It is very easy to repeat -- an app simply just doesn't launch, regardless of how many times I try to open it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The issue can either be your connection is weak or the apps themselves. Are you around strong WiFi or have a strong mobile connection? Try being around a strong connection and see if that makes any difference.

Dapk123

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
The issue can either be your connection is weak or the apps themselves. Are you around strong WiFi or have a strong mobile connection? Try being around a strong connection and see if that makes any difference.

Mobile LTE data or my home connection does not make a difference to the apps' behavior. I would be willing to accept the issue being the apps themselves but I don't see any reason for mainstream apps like Slacker Radio and GasBuddy to randomly stop working and continue to not be working for many months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo