how do I mount and pull data from a hard drive that I removed from a crashed laptop ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have the SATA wire and the hard drive hooked up but I am having trouble gaining access

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When it happened to me, I purchased an external shell that was USB 3.0 and put the old HDD in that. I recovered my data and now have an external HDD to back things up to.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
When it happened to me, I purchased an external shell that was USB 3.0 and put the old HDD in that. I recovered my data and now have an external HDD to back things up to.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I did the same as RumoredNow. That will work, UNLESS your hard drive is encrypted ... Then it's more complicated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs