Laptop over heat problem

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi, i have HP430 32bit 2GB ram originally running Windows 7 professional, now has been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, found laptop extremely and shutdown by itself. seen video in youtube teach to reduce the power consumption for processor. i tried 70% 60% laptop still over heated and off by itself. currently i reduce to 55%, found running stable

My Question here is, will it damage my laptop by reduce the power to 55%, what is the pros & cons?

is there any other solution to solve the over heat problem?

Thanks for answering my questions in advance.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
First of all, without being so drastic, use something like Task Manager or System Monitor to see what is causing the overheating specifically. It could be apps running that max out the hard drive or CPU and cause the heat that way. If you upgraded to Windows 10, might be worthwhile to do a complete system restore too? That way, you start just with a base Windows 10 installation. You can then add your original apps and such to see which one causes the overheating to come back.

Fredrik07

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
hi, Ryujingt3, thanks for reply, I'm on a completely fresh new window 10, over heating problem still not solved, I think the hardware not compatible with windows 10. is there any other solutions to it?

Capture.JPG

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Is your device physically clean? Windows 10 is generally less resource intensive than Windows 7 or 8. It could be a problem with accumulated dirt and the like.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
nah, those are just heavier workloads.

I would make sure the vents and stuff are relatively clean of dust which can build up and act like a blanket. Especially since that's an older device. Using compressed air is generally a solution.

Reducing the speed like you did will cause no ill effects besides reduced performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)