Email accounts: huge data usage

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,
Last week I reached my data limit (one week before new billing period) and I was little bit surprise so I looked on data usage details and found huge data usage with my emails accounts. Gmail 900 MB, Seznam (czech email account) 180MB and Outlook (live account) 120MB. And it was rediculous.
Im using win phones for last 4 years, for last 4 months I have Lumia 950 and this is never happened before.
I using gmail account for work but not downloading any big attachment... just synch my email avery 30min but open at least half on my email on computer anyway. Also I didnt use my live account at all... just sometimes receive email from win support and it took over 100MB.
My new billing period started today morning, when I went to work at 8am my usage on Gmail and Seznam was 0MB. When I started writting this post at 10:30 it was 6.5MB for Gmail and 3MB Seznam. Now 10min later Gmail 7.47MB, Seznam 3.54MB.
This is crazy....
It has to be some kind of bug with synchronization or I dont know...
I will apreciated any help. Many thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all which phone are you using?

Secondly are you on an insider build?

Thirdly, are you using a third party client suchas Metro Mail, Maestro etc?

Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Michal Ulrych

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I have Lumia 950 for last few months. Im not on an insider build and Im not using any third party clients. I just add few emails account in Settings/Accounts/Email & app account. Never had this issue before and as I mentioned in previous post Im using win phones for last 4 years.
Btw now my data usage on Gmail is 20.25MB and yesterday from 6pm to 6am today I was at home on my WiFi.
Thanks

Michal Ulrych

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I just checked my data usage for Gmail (24.03MB), went to my gmail, sync my account and after that (no new email) checked data usage again for Gmail (25.27MB). So in 3 minutes and after one sync Gmail took 1.24MB... I didn't open any emails, haven't received any new emails...
I'm trying to find out how to attached/post some pictures here to show few print screens.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you upload the images, the will show up as attachments. You will most likely need to increase your post count to have uploaded images appear inline as rhat's how it worked with the old forum layout (presuming similiar rules have made the transition :grin: )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven