Use TV as a monitor

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't I use my TV - which is a device in my Home Group - as a monitor? I.e, instead of casting to it, be able to select it as a second monitor that I could select to extend or duplicate. When the TV was sitting beside my PC I did use a HDMI cable to connect it and used it as a monitor. But now that it is in a different room, I need to do this via WiFi. (And I'm asking this question because I can't get iTunes to cast a movie from my PC to my TV.) Thanks for any help on this.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Actiontec ScreenBeam Mini2 HDMI dongle that I use to project/cast wirelessly to my TV from both my L640 & my Win10 tablet. It uses Miracast, a form of WiDi (wireless direct), so it doesn't have*pass*through a router. When using PC, there's the 4 casting options. Its reliable, easy as all heck to connect, plus it's cool. I stream every/anything I want and just push it to the TV in 1080i. The only thing is, there's a little bit of latency,*fraction of a fraction of a second. I only noticed it when I was playing Zombie Tsunami on my phone and pushed it to the*TV. It's just enough to kill your guy. But, depending on your plans, it*may not affect you in any way. *Also, I got mine in February of 2015, and have had absolutely 0 issues with, and I use it every day. Even to other people's houses.*Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs