iPad or Windows Tablet?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I need to get a new tablet just something to browse and read on nothing more than that. should I get an iPad or maybe a windows tablet? I use windows on my computer but that's it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For such a limited use scenario, price might be a huge factor. IMHO, if all you will do is browse and read an iProduct would be money down the drain unless you get an older used model.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You can pick up a Surface 3 for far less than an iPad these days, and it's a great little tablet. However, with such a limited use case scenario I'd honestly considering picking up a cheaper Android tablet (be careful though, they can be hit and miss). If you can find an Nvidia Shield Tab K1, they're bloody awesome and they won't break the bank.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You can pick up a Surface 3 for far less than an iPad these days, and it's a great little tablet. However, with such a limited use case scenario I'd honestly considering picking up a cheaper Android tablet (be careful though, they can be hit and miss). If you can find an Nvidia Shield Tab K1, they're bloody awesome and they won't break the bank.

I agree with the Surface 3. Great little device for browsing, etc. especially if you don't like Android.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I need to get a new tablet just something to browse and read on nothing more than that. should I get an iPad or maybe a windows tablet? I use windows on my computer but that's it.

According to what you say your intended usages will be, I'd suggest an iPad Mini. Have the 4th gen and use it for those exact same reasons and much more. Nice display, works well, very compact and battery life is really good. Its form factor and overall size, has lent itself well using it under many different scenarios, patio, bedroom, holidays, and even the bathroom :winktongue:.

Now if future plans include some serious computing then maybe a Surface 3 as others suggested, would be a better choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2