Should MS treat cell pc/phones like game consoles ?

gold-stars

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
We can all see the appeal of the cell pc concept, a phone that works as a full PC with x86 emulation, that's great for business and enterprise users but it doesn't set consumer hearts alight so what can MS do ??

Microsoft does have one thing Apple/Google do not and that is a AAA game network with the development pipeline and associated infrastructure.

We have seen Nintendo prove that AAA games can work in a portable fashion, should MS do the same with an Xbox UI for cell pc/phones running Xbox Anywhere games either on screen or docked for monitor/TV (maybe even MR headset streaming).

Offer exclusives to manufacturers take a hypothetical Samsung Galaxy X1 packed in with gears of War 4 with a micro Xbox controller. Do deals with cell carriers the same way they did deals with traditional game stores in how they sold consoles.

If they don't do something like this then it could be difficult to get consumers excited about cell pc's, gaming is the one feather in it's cap MS has, it should be used to push this new platform.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I feel nintendo switch is overrated a bit. I mean with people talking about portability and all the stuff, docks and controllers, I can't help but think this is practically my Surface pro can do. I mean plenty of steam games, especially indie games work fine with my surface, what's the point of me buying a switch and end up playing couple of games? Microsoft can now market the surface or perhaps surface mini as a switch/console alternative by throwing xbox controller alongside every purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon