i was very happy when microsoft released project islandwood. its been a long time and still the total number of apps and games ported to windows is very less. i believe that if project islandwood is promoted better then windows phone will not be hated.
    03-09-2017 03:46 AM
    Right now, I don't think anyone knows. We only know that Project Astoria has been paused indefinitely. It's up to the developers to take advantage of the tools presented to them.
    03-09-2017 07:28 AM
    Isn't the Facebook app and Messenger app a product of Islandwood? People on here are already complaining about how slow it is....
    03-09-2017 08:08 AM
    Isn't the Facebook app and Messenger app a product of Islandwood? People on here are already complaining about how slow it is....
    No, they used their technology that they acquired called Osmeta instead of Islandwood.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-09-2017 09:09 AM
    Oh interesting. I still see the apps as incredibly slow.

Just please, please, please don't make me install that awful Itunes program on my desktop to install apps.

Sent from mTalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-09-2017 09:17 AM
    According to this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ion-forum.html, our Ask a Question forum is designed for members and guests to receive fast help when faced with technical issues that are keeping their device from functioning properly.

What you are asking is something that leads into a prolonged discussion.

Furthermore, unregistered guests may not post replies. There is no way for you to participate in the discussion that you set up. IMHO, that removes much of the value in it for yourself and others.

If you wish to have a serious discussion on this topic, I would urge you to join the site and post your inquiry in a more suitable forum. In this instance, I would recommend http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-windows-phone-discussion-lounge/.

Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

As the thread is outside the scope and mandate of AaQ and you are unable to post replies to facilitate the conversation, this thread will be closed.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-09-2017 06:25 PM