Lumia 650 won't connect to Windows 8.1

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Trying to find drivers everywhere. No luck. You'd think Windows would have support for all their devices, or at least make sure when you search "Lumia 650 drivers" on Google, that it's the first page that comes up. I went to Device Manager to try to search for the drivers online automatically and it came up with an MTP error. I don't know what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Small trick that might help... I'm assuming your PC/laptop has more than one usb port right?

Find a different usb cable (samsung maybe, but should be different from the one you used previously. Sometimes it depends on the cable lol) > use a different port (not the one you already used/should let the drivers install again).

Otherwise download the windows device recovery tool. I think this will update drivers accordingly.

This is also an option > http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...gnize-new-lumia-650-mobile-how-can-i-fix.html

Keep us updated

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Did any of the above help? Usually, as mentioned, if a PC does not recognise the device, try a different USB cable or port or even a different computer. If still the same, perform a hard reset using the WDRT tool above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven