Which is the official Windows Central app for WM10?

StyxBoatman

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded my old phone to a WM10 phone and as I was going abouts updating my apps I found two Windows Central apps.

The first is the Jay Bennet one that we've had for a while, the other is from Mobile Nations.

The link here says is the Jay one, but that is still a WP8 one and the other seems to be a WM10 specific one.

Any clues? Is the Mobile Nations one someone just taking the name?

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Both are official. One old and one new. Mobile Nations is the collective that runs all the sites for each platform (Windows Central, iMore, Android Central ,Crackberry etc etc). I have both but prefer the old one(Jay Bennet) personally.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Personal preferences aside, the app by Mobile Nations is the official Windows 10 universal app. And if I recall correctly, the older app will be receiving no more updates.

bub78

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
The difference in reviews should tell you which one to download. The mobile nations one is terrible, crashes frequently, doesn't refresh on open, etc. Even a Windows enthusiast site can't make a good W10 app 😫

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly I heard Daniel Rubino say in a pod cast that the usage numbers for the Windows Central app were very low indeed which is also the case for the Android app. Probably explains why there's not so much investment in the app. I guess the majority access the site via the web. As for me - I use Jay Bennett's app which I still think is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss