Windows insider

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you having issues with 15051? I just switched to the Fast Ring and am downloading 15055.
Hopefully, I won't regret it but it is the Fast ring so... I may have to switch back also. Right now my 950 is Not my daily driver so I can afford to take a chance.

-Rich

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You should be able to go to Settings->Update->Windows Insider Program and tap stop Insider builds.

Not 100% sure if this is still the case though. I'm not on Insider personally.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As above, to go back to Production you have to use WDRT and that will obviously delete all data on your device. I find that the 'Stop Insider Builds' option is misleading because, when it works, you can only stop getting new builds for a period of time you specify, or, when it doesn't give you that option it takes you to a webpage that basically says you have to factory reset.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I find that the 'Stop Insider Builds' option is misleading because, when it works, you can only stop getting new builds for a period of time you specify, or, when it doesn't give you that option it takes you to a webpage that basically says you have to factory reset.

Noted for future reference. Thanks for sharing that point.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Noted for future reference. Thanks for sharing that point.

It's a very misleading title for an option.

Usually, the only way you can 'stop insider builds' is to use WDRT and restore to production. If you just do a hard reset you still remain on the last insider build installed. Microsoft do not really make something so important all that clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb