im getting whatsapp messages that were never sent?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

ok so i keep getting messages from my wife. rude explicit messages that often don't make any sense. she sent me a screenshot off her phone of our chat and none of those messages are there, they are only on my side. has my whatsapp account been hacked . what should i do

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
IS it even possible to hack whatsapp?

In any case remove the app from your phone > find another phone without whatsapp > install whatsapp and enter your own number (from the hacked account) > this should register your number again and kick out anyone else. After this you can download whatsapp on your own phone again and go through the steps

If it continues, I would suggest doing the same with her phone.

(Doesn't necessarily have to be a phone that never had whatsapp. Just find someone that's cool with you deleting their app so you can download it and use it to register your number)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The only way to "steal" a WhatsApp account is to get access to the SMS sent to that phone number. The easiest way to fix it is to re-register your device. WhatsApp also has two-step verification now, so you might want to turn that on.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This would only happen if the Whatsapp account details were compromised and were being used by someone else. Change the account password to be more secure and alert Whatsapp so that they can help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss