Windows phone update installation and factory reset

Rohan Jangam

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Need help regarding factory reset of my Lumia 730. The reason for factory reset is my mobile internal storage left is less than 300 mb out of 8gb storage becoz of this I can't install recent updates.what should I do now .plz suggest some precautions before factory reset. Plz help.

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Need help regarding factory reset of my Lumia 730. The reason for factory reset is my mobile internal storage left is less than 300 mb out of 8gb storage becoz of this I can't install recent updates.what should I do now .plz suggest some precautions before factory reset. Plz help.

Open storage sense n clear temporary data move some apps to the sd card move ur pics n music n vids to sd still if u r low on space make a backup of ur files like music n everything to pc or lap n sync ur contacts n calendar with outlook or contacts+messages backup then go for a reset * if u want ur downloaded apps even aftr reset then move them to sd card aftr reset enter the same email id u were using before so u get back all the apps if u put any other id then u will loose all ur apps even if they r on sd card * hope it helps...

Starboy21

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Open storage sense n clear temporary data move some apps to the sd card move ur pics n music n vids to sd still if u r low on space make a backup of ur files like music n everything to pc or lap n sync ur contacts n calendar with outlook or contacts+messages backup then go for a reset * if u want ur downloaded apps even aftr reset then move them to sd card aftr reset enter the same email id u were using before so u get back all the apps if u put any other id then u will loose all ur apps even if they r on sd card * hope it helps...

Sorry a ton but i just wanted to know more about the topic so searched it on the net so now even i am having doubts whether u will loose all ur downloaded apps in the sd card even if u put the same email id..please take this into note sorry again

Rohan Jangam

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Require more comments on this topic. Becoz most of the windows phone comes with 8gb internal storage. On todays date not only me but many windows phone user lack of internal storage space becoz of which they can't install recent software updates.

PeregrineSlim

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if I could get rid of some removable Windows software, the update would install but I can't.

And now I also have a Calendar and Mail update that will seemingly never install.

There needs to be a solution, especially given that I've read that the new update allows more de-installation.

Rohan Jangam

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
All's pics , videos, music is on sd card. My mobiles internal storage mostly captured system (which we cannot delete) and Microsoft inbuilt apps (same which we cannot move or uninstall).
So tell me whether factory reset helps me?

PeregrineSlim

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't think people understand the difference between system storage and sd storage. You are for the most part not in control of what is on system storage, so i have nothing left to move and a new OS half-installed as a result.

I'm going to try a factory reset in the next few days as it seems the only way to resolve this problem, but if OS updates keep overloading the system storage then this problem will turn up again eventually.

Rohan Jangam

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes you are right. Factory reset is not a permanent solution it just delays the process of mobile becoming scrap for further few months until the next update comes.
Microsoft developers should make some provision to at least give an option in the internal storage to delete those inbuilt apps which we don't want.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't think people understand the difference between system storage and sd storage. You are for the most part not in control of what is on system storage, so i have nothing left to move and a new OS half-installed as a result.

I'm going to try a factory reset in the next few days as it seems the only way to resolve this problem, but if OS updates keep overloading the system storage then this problem will turn up again eventually.
Please let us know if it clears any space, and how much, if you don't care to 😀
...thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234