Microsoft alternative to Google Voice

mikemerg

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Is there anything you use, or are aware of (now or coming), that can be used as a suitable Google Voice replacement on Microsoft devices?

I guess the main feature I would be looking for is voicemail w/ free transcription.

I have tried YouMail in the past, but it was sort of clunky, no free transcription, and to my knowledge no first-party app.

Granted, I have used Google Voice with my Lumia Icon by configuring it to send me a text message of the voicemail, but then you need to use the web app to actually listen to it, which is more tedious.

I appreciate any insight you have.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Granted, I have used Google Voice with my Lumia Icon by configuring it to send me a text message of the voicemail, but then you need to use the web app to actually listen to it, which is more tedious.

Did you try configuring Google Voice to send you an email in addition to the text message? I haven't messed with the setup for awhile, but maybe that would make it easier to listen to the sound file.

To directly answer your question, as far as I know the YouMail solution is the only one available on Windows phone.

mikemerg

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have not actually tried configuring it to send an email, but you're right, it sounds like that would make it easier, as I'm assuming it attaches the audio file in the email. I guess the only downside is that I would still have to go to the web app to actually delete the voicemails from there, but it sounds like that may be the closest solution for now. Oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon